Have you thought about running for office? Join us for Candidate Bootcamp on November 12-13, 2019.
This two-day training is open to all Carpenter Union members regardless of whether you want to run for School Board, City Council, State Level Office, or Congress.
- Decide if running for office is for you.
- Gather insight and advice from current elected officials.
- Learn campaign timelines and how to run for office.
- Party politics vs. union politics and why we run.
- Begin to develop your campaign message.
- Determine vote goal totals and win with numbers.
- Volunteer recruitment tips and Get Out The Vote activities.
- Win! “Get the Votes in the Box”
- Fundraising basics, making the ask and endorsements.
- Understand campaign finance laws (with Megan Engelhardt of MN Campaign Finance).
- Media tips, social media and more.
Location: 710 Olive Street, St. Paul, The Showroom
For questions, please contact Kim Nelson, MN Assistant Political Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-341-0490.