The Carpenter Superintendent must lead with a “safety first” mindset, overseeing construction activities, including managing, and directing labor crews, coordinating subcontractors, ensuring health and safety policies are observed, and ensuring production schedules are met, without sacrificing quality. The Carpenter Superintendent also acts as a liaison with clients on most construction projects. Lakehead Constructors often works in industrial setting, experience in Industrial setting is preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following (other duties may be assigned as required):
• Direct labor on projects such as general building construction and plant maintenance.
o Ensure contract requirements and conditions are met as they relate to scope of work.
• Study production schedules and estimate worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
• Pre -plan daily work for crew and ensure daily safety meetings are conducted and documented.
• Establish or adjust work procedures to meet production schedules.
Safety and Compliance
• Interpret company safety and quality (ISO 9001) processes, procedures and requirements and ensure they are met.
• Fully understand and be able to communicate to direct reports applicable regulatory and
technical code requirements and practices (OSHA, MSHA, ANSI, ASME, AWS, AISC, etc.).
• Exceed client safety requirements and expectations.
• Professionally interact and communicate with client and subcontractor representatives, vendors, and direct reports.
• Orders and controls tools and equipment on the jobsite.
• Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
• Inspect work performed by subcontractors, including ductwork and pipe installation to ensure conformance with specifications and proper location.
• Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of work crew.
• Complete and communicate pre-task planning with assigned crew and complete required project paperwork.
• Analyze and resolve work problems or assist workers in solving problems.
• Initiate or suggest plans to motivate workers to achieve goals.
• Completes and maintains timecards, production, and safety records for jobsite.
• Estimate, requisitions and inspects materials for job.
• Works with the Project Manager to forecast upcoming project requirements.
• Completes thorough daily logs.
• Competent in the use of Microsoft software (Outlook, Excel, Word).
• Bluebeam Software experience preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform the essential duties of this job.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 5-10 years of leadership responsibility, participating in the planning and oversight of all aspects of projects, working in a team environment to meet the goals of the project and clients. Experience in heavy civil/structural concrete is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with arms and hands; climb or balance; and talk or hear. The individual is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 lbs.; frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs; and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works outside in all weather conditions. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes, or airborne particulates; extreme cold, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock; and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Travel may be required for projects.
Disclaimer: The duties, responsibilities and activities outlined in this job description are representative of the job but are not all inclusive. Lakehead Constructors, Inc. reserves the right to modify the duties of this position at any time, with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this position. The essential duties and responsibilities of this job may also be modified to provide suitable, gainful employment to those individuals who have been released to return to work with temporary or permanent restrictions.
Lakehead Constructors, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Pay is commensurate with education and experience
Founded in 1916, Lakehead Constructors, Inc. is a leading construction company in the Twin Ports and Iron Range, providing high-quality construction, management and building services to a wide variety of industries in the Upper Midwest region. With one of the most diverse portfolios in the area, Lakehead specializes in industrial construction, including institutional and commercial, mining and steel, oil and gas, power generation and railroad. Founded on a mission of safety, quality, service and innovation, Lakehead employs a highly skilled, flexible workforce with a passion for providing the highest quality service.
If you enjoy a fast-paced work environment that offers a wide variety of challenging work, and you have a passion for safety, quality, service and innovation, make Lakehead Constructors, Inc. your next career move. With an opportunity to be a part of a highly skilled construction team and the ability to work on a diverse portfolio of projects.
Lakehead Constructors, Inc. is seeking an experienced Carpenter Superintendent to join our team. The ideal candidate will be self-driven and strive for continuous improvement in a complex and dynamic work environment.