Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• Infection Prevention Experience and Credentials preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
• Bi-lingual experience will be given consideration
• Knowledge of supervisory practices and ability to clearly communicate employer policies
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access
• Extensive knowledge in Microsoft PowerPoint to include use of multiple masters, color themes, animations, actions, and videos.
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
• Previous experience setting up internal and external video conferencing
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing and verbally
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all Carpenters Training Institute personnel, and individuals with whom candidate will interact with regularly, including but not limited to, employees of local and regional unions, contractors, and vendors.
• Ability to maintain a professional and polished demeanor when working in stressful situations or under pressure
• Must be comfortable managing multiple projects and communicating directly with Coordinator and Facilitator lead in the area.
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
• Must be able to complete work duties assigned
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Physical ability to stand or sit for long periods of time
• Travel required
The Carpenters and Joiners Apprenticeship and Journeymen Training Trust Fund is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or apprentices based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, or because they are an individual with a disability or a person 40 years old or older.
Resumes should be submitted no later than September 18th, 2020 for consideration. Resumes submitted after this date will be kept on file for consideration until the end of the 2020 calendar year.
The Carpenters Training Institute operates in Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. CTI has a work environment that promotes diversity, embraces change, and provides leadership opportunities to every team member. We are on a fast track within the construction industry and are seeking a highly skilled professional to take us even further.
The Education Specialist is an integral part of Carpenters Training Institute’s Infection Control Risk Assessment (ICRA) initiative. ICRA was developed in collaboration with construction experts and hospital environmental health specialists to strengthen our knowledge of hospital infection risk and prepares us with the skills needed to protect the patient and the worker. Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Education Specialist is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
• Develop and maintain relationships with all types of health care facilities,
health organizations, professional groups, and partners of these industries
• Disseminate ICRA program information to health care professionals including IPs, Facility Managers, and C-suite
• Creatively design and prepare engaging presentations with interactive content and visuals to educate staff in all health care settings
• Research new standards, codes, laws, and best practices related to construction projects within health care facilities
• Instruct ICRA 24, ICRA Awareness, and ICRA AIA classes after proper education and training
• Attend conferences, educational events, and industry conventions to network and share our program within approved budget and program goals and objectives as approved by the ICRA Coordinator
• Collaborate with subject matter experts including, but not limited to, the ICRA Coordinator, employers, and employee representatives and professionals
working with local and regional unions to develop future marketing strategy, materials, and more effective networking opportunities
• Prepare and present informational presentations for various industries related to controlling contaminates and other specific topics related to ICRA
• Respond and execute multiple events with flexibility
• Execute strategies to expand the ICRA program into all facilities to protect patients and staff
• Track and report positive results of ICRA implementation on a regular basis
• Work as an On-the-Job trainer specializing in on-site containment concerns or other in-person topics, as required
• Establish an effective demeanor and line of communication to advance the ICRA program and ICRA program implementation
• Accurately track expenses to ensure proper reimbursement
• Attend seminars/educational training programs, as required and approved by the Executive Director
• Conducts onsite preparation including, but not limited to, rehearsals and meetings as well as travels to new business meetings with the presenting team; provides set-up, rehearsal, and breakdown/clean up support for offsite meetings as needed
• Maintain current credentials
• Extensive travel will be required
• Pay based on experience and credentials and includes a defined benefit pension, defined contribution pension, and health insurance (dental and vision included)
• Introductory period for this position is six months
• Weekly vehicle stipend and mileage reimbursement provided for travel