Full-time Millwright Instructor
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• Completion of the Apprenticeship Program, preferred
• Minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience
• Considerable knowledge of applicable craft such as Carpentry, Millwrights, Pile Drivers, Floor Coverers, tools, equipment, materials, and safety practices of our Crafts of the UBC work
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
• Knowledge of supervisory practices
• Computer proficiency. (MS Office -Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing and orally
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all Training personnel in addition to but not limited to Council Employees,
Contractors, and Vendors
• Strong orientation to safety in the workplace is a must
• Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards,
including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
• Must be able to complete work duties assigned to them.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Physical ability to stand for periods of time, sitting, climbing, reaching, lifting, bend, stoop, kneel, work from ladders, and perform in inclement
weather. Use of hands, arms, legs and feet. Able to see, hear and speak.
• Ability to travel to other campuses and for training purposes is required.
The Carpenters Training Institute has a work environment that promotes diversity, embraces change, and provides leadership opportunities to every team member. We are on a fast track within the construction industry and are seeking a highly skilled professional to take us even further.
The Carpenters Training Institute, Des Moines Campus, is now accepting applications for a full-time millwright instructor. This position will require day, evening, and weekend training. Travel is to be expected. Previous construction experience in the field and basic computer skills required. Interviews to be conducted by the training department and finalists to attend a 3-day evaluation performed at our International Training Center or locally, as deemed necessary. Valid ID and driver’s license required on hire date. Please reach out to Anthony at firstname.lastname@example.org or (651) 895-9866 for inquiries, submit a resume, or request an application
Disclaimer: The Carpenters Training Institute is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants, employees, or apprentices based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, or because they are an individual with a disability or a person 40 years old or older.