Essential Duties and Responsibilities, but not limited to:
• Monitor inventories and request/purchase supplies and equipment, present competitive pricing options.
• Teach high quality classes that benefit the apprentice, member, and contractor.
• Review and build curriculum as required for JATC review.
• Maintain class material and supplies in an orderly fashion.
• Organize the shop floor on a weekly basis.
• Monitor and enforce our Safety Culture within the training center (all PPE is required)
• Schedule and maintain maintenance logs on shop equipment for annual inspections and maintenance of tools and equipment to comply with area OSHA standards.
• Maintain a secure and safe working environment for employees, members, and guests to the training center.
• Continuously learn and be proactive about new construction practices and participate in educational opportunities whenever possible.
• Maintain compliance with all company policies, procedures, and core values of Training trust and JATC committees.
• Assist in events with community partners including schools, politicians, contractors, and vendors.
• Have the willingness and ability to travel to other training centers and the ITC as required.
• Assist in the scheduling of Skill Enhancement Classes and Contractor requested classes.
• Maintain effectiveness and morale of the staff by visible leadership.
• Communicate Company vision/goals and monitor activities to assure that work is being performed accordingly.
• Keep Coordinator informed on a weekly basis of training center activities or outside requests.
• Attend related training and Train the Trainer opportunities at the ITC in- order to be able to teach all areas of millwrighting.
• Perform any other related or unrelated, unassigned, unspecified duty that may be needed from time to time.
• Highest negotiated rate and fringes for the area after a six-month introductory period.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• Completion of the Apprenticeship Program, preferred.
• Considerable knowledge of millwright tools, equipment, materials and safety practices of our Crafts of the UBC work.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
• Knowledge of supervisory practices.
• Computer proficiency. (MS Office -Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing and orally.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all Training personnel in addition to but not limited to Council Employees, Contractors, and Vendors.
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
• Must be able to complete work duties assigned to them.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Physical ability to stand for periods of time, sitting, climbing, reaching, lifting, bend, stoop, kneel, work from ladders, and perform in inclement weather. Use of hands, arms, legs and feet. Able to see, hear and speak.
The Carpenters Training Institute has a work environment that promotes diversity, embraces change, and provides leadership opportunities to every team member. We are on a fast track within the construction industry and are seeking a highly skilled professional to take us even further.
The Carpenters Training Institute, Omaha Campus, is now accepting applications for a full-time millwright instructor. This position will require day, evening, and weekend training. Travel is to be expected. Previous construction experience in the field and basic computer skills required.
Interviews to be conducted by the training department and finalists to attend a 3-day evaluation performed at our International Training Center or equivalent. Valid ID and driver’s license required on hire date. Please reach out to ApplyOmaha@CarpentersTrainingInstitute.org for inquiries, submit a resume, or request an application.