This position is located out of Jordan, MN but may cover projects in the surrounding states and include short/long term travel. Responsibilities include leading an effective disciplined team, delegate responsibilities and ensure a production of high-quality work. Monitor job schedule, track and coordinate work with subcontractors, adhere to budgetary guidelines and ensure cost control measures are adhered to.
Inform Project Management of potential schedule difficulties, ensure construction complies with specifications and contractual requirements. Assist in preparing and executing work plans and material and equipment requirements. Identify safety hazards and take corrective action, assist in the training and development of craft personnel and enforce company policies, procedures, industry standards and client expectations. Seeking a motivated, self-driven, reliable and skilled individual to join our dynamic team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead an effective disciplined team, delegating responsibilities and setting goals to ensure a production of high-quality work that meets the requirements of company policies, procedures, industry standards, and client expectations
- Inform project management of potential problems, work interferences, schedule difficulties, and assist in solving these issues
- Monitor and adhere to established budgetary guidelines, and ensure that cost control measures are being followed
- Assist in preparing and executing work plans, manpower levels, material quantities, schedules and equipment requirements
- Instill Safety as a top priority
- Hiring, training and development of craft personnel
- Develop and maintain open communications with Crews, Project Engineers, Safety Managers and Clients
- Monitor job schedule to ensure it is on track and coordinate work with contractors and deliveries with suppliers
- Ensure construction complies with drawings, specifications and all contractual requirements
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Five plus years of experience in supervisorial role in highway heavy construction
- A minimum of 10 years as a foreman/supervisor in highway heavy civil construction
- Highly knowledgeable in all aspects of civil construction
- Understanding of cost management processes, planning and scheduling
- Experience in managing crews of 20 or more employees
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
To see other positions, click here.