Kids Build Workshops are FREE carpentry workshops for children in grades 3-5, focusing on STEM principles, critical thinking and career exploration. Our professional volunteer carpenters will assist your students in building a tote box while incorporating measuring, fractions, problem solving and analysis. Tools and projects are supplied and there are no fees to participate. Children are able take their projects home to enjoy. Classrooms will be chosen on a lottery system and priority will be given to Title 1 schools and schools where 50% or more of its students receive free or reduced lunch.
Workshops will be held in two sessions during the 2017-2018 school year:
Sessions last approximately 45 minutes each
- Fall semester > September 15-November 20, 2017
- Spring semester > January 15-April 30, 2018
You will have the option to choose your ideal date within the above date ranges.
Workshops are held in the following areas:
- Iowa: Cedar Rapids, Des Moines and Sioux City
- North Dakota: Fargo
- Nebraska: Omaha and Lincoln
- Minnesota: Duluth, Rochester and Twin Cities Metro
- Wisconsin: Green Bay/Fox Valley, Madison, Milwaukee and Rothschild/Wausau
QUESTIONS? Send us an email.
Ready to apply? Fill out the form below and we will be in touch!