Kids Build: Weekend Workshops
On select Saturdays in the fall and spring, NCSRCC holds Kids Build workshops for children in our communities at training centers around our six-state Council. At these two-hour workshops, kids make woodworking projects while building their skills and confidence. Professional union carpenters will be on hand to assist. Kids take their projects home to enjoy and are presented with a certificate of project completion.
- Begins at 10 a.m. Saturdays
- Limited to 30 kids per workshop
- Pre-registration is required and opens approximately a month before the workshop
- Kids must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- No fees to participate, tools, projects and supplies are provided
- September 15, 2018
- October 13, 2018
- January 12, 2019
- February 9, 2019
Like us on Facebook to get up-to-date information and announcements!
October 13 registration
Kids Build: Workshops for Schools
In addition to our community events, we partner with schools to bring Kids Build into classrooms. Professional union carpenters guide students through the process of building their own woodworking project, focusing on STEM principles, critical thinking and career exploration.
- Sessions last approximately 45 minutes
- Tools, projects and supplies are provided at no cost
- Maximum of 50 students per session
- Application must be completed by a teacher
- For students in grades 3-5
- Classrooms are chosen on a lottery system with priority given to Title 1 schools where 50% or more of its students receive free or reduced lunches
- Sessions can be scheduled in the fall (September – November) or spring (January – April)
Community and classroom workshops available in and around thee areas:
- Iowa: Altoona/Des Moines, Cedar Rapids and Sioux City
- Minnesota: Duluth/Hermantown, Rochester and Twin Cities Metro
- Nebraska: Lincoln and Omaha/Papillion
- North Dakota: Fargo
- Wisconsin: Fox Valley/Green Bay/Kaukauna, Madison, Milwaukee and Rothschild/Wausau
QUESTIONS? Send us an email.
Ready to apply? Fill out the form below and we will be in touch!