The Carpenters Training Institute, Twin Cities Campus, is now accepting applications for a full-time Carpenter Instructor. Interviews to be conducted by CTI. Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT CARPENTERS TRAINING INSTITUTE
The Carpenters Training Institute promotes diversity, embraces change, and provides leadership opportunities to every team member. We are on a fast track within the construction industry and are seeking a highly skilled professional with a positive attitude to take us even further.
As Carpenter Instructor, you will demonstrate—through hands-on training and classroom instruction—proper technique, safety, and detail which are essential skills of polished trades professionals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Monitor inventories and request/purchase supplies and equipment, present competitive pricing options.
• Teach high quality classes that benefit the apprentice, member, and contractor.
• Instruct and guide the class in an efficient and effective manner based on approved curriculum.
• Maintain a positive, safe, and orderly learning environment.
• Review and build curriculum as required for JATC review.
• Maintain class material and supplies in an orderly fashion.
• Organize the shop floor on a weekly basis.
• Supervise Apprentices on the shop floor while cultivating an environment conducive to learning.
• Monitor and enforce our Safety Culture within the training center (all PPE is required)
• Schedule and maintain maintenance logs on shop equipment for annual inspections and maintenance of tools and equipment to comply with area OSHA standards.
• Continuously learn and be proactive about new construction practices and participate in educational opportunities when assigned.
• Travel, often on weekends, to the International Training Center to successfully complete training programs as required.
• Maintain compliance with all company policies, procedures, and core values of CTI and JATC committees.
• Have the willingness and ability to travel to other training centers and the ITC as required.
• Assist in the scheduling of Skill Enhancement Classes and Contractor requested classes.
• Attend related training and Train the Trainer opportunities at the ITC in-order to be able to teach all areas of our Craft.
• Become familiar with new technological advances as required. iPads, electronic layout tools, and electronic prints are an important component of our programs.
• Keep Coordinator informed on a weekly basis of Campus activities or outside requests.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Carpenter General Foreman rate and fringes for the area after 6 month introductory period.
• Monday – Friday, 7:00am – 3:30pm (weekend availability is required).
• Minimum of 3-5 year’s relevant experience.
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
• Completion of the Apprenticeship Program preferred.
• Considerable knowledge of carpenter trade, tools, equipment, materials, and safety practices of our Crafts of the UBC work.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
• Knowledge of supervisory practices.
• Computer proficiency. (MS Office -Word, Excel, and Outlook)
• Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective relationships with all Training personnel, Council Employees, Contractors, and Vendors.
• Strong orientation to safety in the workplace is a must.
• Ability to perform the essential job functions consistent safely and successfully with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Physical ability to stand for periods of time, sitting, climbing, reaching, lifting, bend, stoop, kneel, work from ladders, and perform in inclement weather. Use of hands, arms, legs and feet. Able to see, hear and speak.
• Ability to travel to other campuses and for training purposes is required.
The Carpenters Training Institute is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or apprentices based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, or because they are an individual with a disability or a person 40 years old or older.
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.